Saturday, July 23, 2011

Worrying Adds Unnecessary Stress

Here is my very first guest post by my longtime friend, Rosie, who is a worrywart like me. She is the mother of two children (ages 6 and 3), so they probably have something to do with her worrying. I’ve also noticed her worrying increases the older she gets (or maybe it’s just the longer she is friends with me and my worrying is rubbing off on her). Hope you can find some comfort in her post!

What is stress?

Stress is dealing with the crazy drivers at rush hour when you just want to get home. Stress is worrying about your children getting hurt. Stress is moving (I should know because I just did.) Stress is adjusting to a new job. Stress is trying to please everyone when you just can't. Stress is worrying about your health. Stress is...well, you get the point.

Stress is a part of everyday life for everyone. It consumes the lives of many of us. Gone are the carefree days we experienced as children. Oh, some days I wish to be a child again!

I worry and stress myself out a lot. My heart races, and I feel sick to my stomach and like things are spinning. What do I stress about? Little things sometimes. Like writing this article. Will anyone actually like it?

My husband tells me I need to relax. I worry about him and my kids and friends and family and sometimes just life in general. I have been doing better, though (somewhat, anyway). I am trying to think things through before I throw them out of proportion and stress out for no reason. My biggest stresses lately have been moving and buying our first home, as well as worrying about first bills and payments that we haven't had before. Maybe it won't be as bad as I think it is, but it is a big stress in my life.

So, if you are like me and worry which causes stress, try to take things with a grain of salt and try not to worry so much. Take deep breaths and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment